Perfect Rescue Case Study - MicrosoftBookstore.COM
Client: Microsoft - MicrosoftBookstore.com - a comprehensive source for books and resources on Microsoft technologies and solutions. The site features books from many publishers, hundreds of authors, and other relevant resources from Microsoft.
Situation: Needed a web site to integrate with online library.
Form of Rescue: Microsoft needed assistance meeting a series of fast-approaching deadlines. Visionpace was brought in to transition development efforts from an existing team and after a process of migration and refactoring of the existing code, Visionpace met Microsoft’s initial goal date and continues to deliver new features.
Our clients expect us to change with them. We needed a system that would meet those demands.
John Newsam, President, Newsam-Harp
Perfect Rescue Case Study - Renzenberger
Rescue Client: Renzenberger is the leader in providing safe and reliable personnel transportation for the railroad industry throughout the United States.
Rescue Challenge: After initial attempts stalled, Renzenberger turned to Visionpace to develop an application to track fuel utilization for their large fleet of vans.
- Development of an application to support van dispatching services.
- Development of billing and accident tracking systems.
- Building integration points between new and legacy applications.
- Enabling communication between Renzenberger and their customers' systems to reduce the amount of labor-intensive data processing
Rescue Result: Visionpace continues to support Renzenberger as it adapts to changes in business models, new technologies and fluid Renzenberger customer requirements. Providing seasoned consultants following an agile approach has allowed Renzenberger to prioritize and optimally align high-valued business requirements with both internal and outsourced technology resources.
We needed an IT partner committed to supporting our ever-changing environment."
Steve Heinking, CFO, Renzenberger
Perfect Rescue Case Study -Exemplar International
Rescue Client: Exemplar International, the nation’s leading occupational health and safety solutions provider.
Rescue Challenge: Implement new OSHA regulations into their suite of applications when it became apparent that their current efforts would not allow them to meet the government mandated deadline.
- Evaluated multiple versions of the application source code, and determined the code set that was in use in production. Assisted with implementing a source code version control system.
- Modified the suite of applications in time to allow for testing and release by the necessary deadline.
- Interfaced current applications with other systems that came with an acquisition of another firm.
- Developed a solution that would remove the need for a specific hardware device to be used by a core application, allowing Exemplar International to utilize newer, faster and less expensive technologies.
- Assisted with training in-house resources to oversee future development and support.
Rescue Result: In addition to providing technical expertise, Visionpace assisted with refining in-house testing, support and development efforts. These refinements along with the software enhancements have helped Exemplar International to continue to provide its clients with the industry leading support for which it is known. By outsourcing software development to Visionpace, Exemplar International has been able to focus on its core business, while addressing its ever changing business environment.
The best way to find out if this unique approach is for you is to complete a Rescue Review. For more information contact Visionpace at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-350-7900 or 888-904-7900 and ask to speak with someone about Perfect Rescue.